On this small-group day trip from Paris, discover two of the most colorful sites in Normandy, Giverny and Rouen.
- Adult ages 16+
- Child ages 0-15
Visit the Orsay Museum on a Guided Tour
Visit one of the most beautiful Impressionist collections in a fantastic building with a small group and your professional guide.
This fantastic building and its treasures are real must-see wonders. Meet your guide at the entrance of the museum, to enjoy skip-the-line access and an extraordinary guided visit with a small group.
Located on the banks of the Seine, in front of the Tuileries Garden, the Orsay Museum was first a railway station built for the 1900 World’s Fair. This building is, in a way, the first ” work “of the Musée d’Orsay’s collections, which present the art of the few decades that elapsed between 1848 and 1914.
The great French architect of the time, Victor Laloux set about integrating the building with the historic district of Louvre and Tuileries. An elegant stone facade masked the modern metal structures of the interior of the station. In the 1950s, the wharves were not long enough for modern trains, and the building hosted a theater. In the 1970s, it was rebuilt and transformed into a museum dedicated to the greatest artistic trends of the nineteenth and early twentieth century.
A major collection of Western art objects, the museum has an impressive compilation of paintings, sculptures, photographs and decorative arts. The Musée d’Orsay is famous all over the world for its extraordinary collection of impressionist art. It holds a large part of the most beautiful Impressionist pictorial works, such as:
- Gustave Caillebotte, The Floor Planers
- Paul Cézanne, The Cardplayers
- Gustave Courbet, The Origin of the World
- Edgar Degas, The Ballet Class
- Claude Monet’s Water Lilies: Eight panels of the great Water Lilies compositions by Monet, a unique exhibition
- The Walter & Guillaume collection: One of the most beautiful collections, over 140 modern and impressionist masterpieces, such as works by Renoir, Cézanne, Matisse, Gauguin, Modigliani and Picasso
- Small Group Guided Visit
- Exclusive Experience
- Licensed Professional Guide
- Skip the line & Priority Admission ticket
Please bring a photo ID. Guests of all ages are accepted in the tour, but at least one adult of age 18+ is required per reservation.